Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Our Special Gift


On Monday October 6th we received the most amazing gift..Benjamin Michael. As soon as the doctor handed him to me I knew instantly..our baby was healthy but something was wrong..he had Down Syndrome. We opted out of all the testing so we had no idea. I was in complete shock. Even if we had done the tests, it wouldn't have changed anything. At this point Bill still hadn't made it to the hospital yet. I looked at the doctor who was talking to me but I don't know what he said. I had so many thoughts running thru my head. I was so happy to have another healthy baby boy & sad at the same time because I felt as though he was broken & I couldn't fix him. I didn't know how to feel.

We received the confirmation this week from the Genetics doctors that it is Down Syndrome. We knew deep down but still held out hope that they were wrong. His heart is healthy & so far no other health issues, which was our main concern. He is perfect & has fit into our family as though he has always been here. We know that we were chosen for this special gift for a reason. We believe that he has so much to teach us. He definitely completes our family.

2 comments:

4torock said...

Angie- thank u so much for letting us share in with you and your family's special gift..... Ben is soo adorable and God new JUST the mommy to give him to:) love ya girl! Many many ~hugs~ and you soo don't need me to come take pics- your pics are WONDERFUL!!

Jenn said...

Angie, I know this all must have been so shocking...but what a wonderful gift you have been blessed with. He will enrich your life and bring you more joy than you can ever imagine.

Since my little one has Down Syndrome as well, please feel free to contact me if I can ever be of any assistance. I certainly don't have all the answers, but am a great listener and enjoy every day with Yan! Blessings!

Jenn (from SHFB) jenncslp@gmail.com