So if you haven't noticed or don't know me well, I am late most of the time. A little update on the past month since I neglected to post an update about Ben. he ended up staying in the hospital for 10 days, 7 of them in the PICU. I finally had to put my foot down about them trying to get the feeding tube placed. After the third time of not being able to get it, I told them I wanted his oxygen turned down & I wanted him to try & eat. They listened & it worked. He was just on too much oxygen. They wanted him off oxygen for 24 hours before sending him home. I was bummed that he was not going to be home for Christmas. They turned off his oxygen at 9:00 am on Christmas Eve & was doing so well that we were home by Noon that day! The best gift EVER!! I can't imagine not having him there Christmas morning.
Our good friends, the McG's, came & picked Ben & I up from the hospital. Bill was still working & my parents didn't have a car seat for Ben. I am so grateful they were able to do that for us, I was more than ready to go home, as was Ben! He has been doing great since then, just trying to put back on some weight that he lost during his stay.
Christmas was great this year. Bill's parents were able to come the weekend before & my parents were here for a week! It was great to be home & enjoy Christmas with family.
We haven't been up to much lately, just hanging around..trying not to hibernate with Ben too much. The weather has been a little warmer so I have been out a little more. Today Emma, Zach & Ben woke with stuffy noses..hopefully it's nothing. I think Ben's is his molar coming in.
He has 8 teeth with #9 coming in. He pulled up to standing by himself in the bathtub the other night & just today grabbed his crib rail & pulled himself right up. He can sign more & please and blows kisses. Since he came home from the hospital it seems like he is picking up so much new stuff. He is getting so big so fast.
Everybody else is doing great, enjoying Winter..as much as we can. Hoping for some snow this year! They really want to make a snowman..we will see.
Some recent pics..
Ben at the hospital :(
At the Christmas parade
Waiting for Santa
Christmas morning
Grandpa Morton & Ben making funny faces
the last one…...
15 years ago


1 comments:
SO glad to see an update!! though I know where to go when I need to catch up! lol I LOVE the baby legs and what a great idea for his IV- ur such a loving, sweet, caring, SMART momma Ang!!:)
Post a Comment