Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Ben...

I am wondering if this roller coaster will ever stop. Before we went to Florida, we took Ben to Urgent Care where they told us he had pneumonia. They put him on antibiotics & steroids. We took our vacation & had a great time..will post more about that later.

I was concerned with his breathing this past week again. So we took him to the pediatrician. They had us give him neb treatments every 4 hours as needed. It wasn't doing much. On Monday we took him back to the ped & he left there in an ambulance because of respiratory distress.

He was admitted to the Children's hospital & put on oxygen. They have been giving him steroids & breathing treatments everyday. He is getting better but they are thinking it is asthma. They thought maybe when he was nursing that a small amount was going into his lungs. They tested that today & that was not the case. Which is good but asthma isn't good either. They have prescribed for him to be on a steroid neb treatment twice a day, everyday. Hopefully they have figured out why our little man has breathing issues.

I want to thank everyone for your thoughts & prayers. They mean so much!
Here are some pics of Ben hanging out at the hospital.




1 comments:

Julesmcg said...

Sweet Ben! Even with a breathing tube he is adorable! I am so sorry for all this trouble, Angie. I would love to help you out - please let me know how I can!