It is amazing that 6 months has passed since Ben was born. It seems to be flying by. He is eating solids now & he loves it! I think he does something new everyday. He has had a rough April though. He was back in the hospital again the weekend of Easter. I took him to the ER on Friday night & he had a 7 day stay. At one point he was on 5 liters of oxygen, 2 antiboitics & breathing treatments every 2 hours. I am still nervous that he is going to get sick again. We are taking him to see a Pulmanologist on Monday, so hopefully they will be able to give us some insight as to why he keeps getting pneumonia.
He is also going to see a cardiologist in a few weeks for a check-up on his heart. They are not concerned but because it is rare for Downs babies to not have heart problems, they wanted to re-check him at 6 months.
As hard as it is to have had multiple hospital stays with Ben, I know things could be so much worse. We are thankful everyday & feel so blessed. Our family, friends & neighbors have been such a huge help..I don't know what we would do without them!
Here are Ben's Elmo pics..1 month & 6 months :)
the last one…...
15 years ago


2 comments:
so big!! Sorry He has been in and out of the hospital- see you guys outside more but think you still don't reconize the car-- the BIG pregnant one waving crazily at you??... that would be me!! lol take care and praying for answers for Ben and no more hospital stays hopefully!! :) xo
Where did you find such a big elmo...K would LOVE it!
Post a Comment